Recognition of Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) issues
We consider Environmental, Social and Governance issues to be important factors when analysing a company’s sustainability and we strive to incorporate these principles into our overall investment approach.
We have established a dedicated committee to discuss the key policies relating to ESG issues on a firm-wide basis. Our ESG committee includes members from Investment Management and Research, Client Services, and Corporate Office divisions.
Nomura Asset Management became a signatory of the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) in March 2011.
We believe that by agreeing to the below principles we are confirming our desire to incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance issues in our investment management operations.
About UN PRI
Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan launched the UN PRI in 2006. The six principles below provide a framework that incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues into investment decision-making.
They are as follows:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
For further information on the dedicated resources we have to overseeing responsible investing and our corporate governance principles, please contact us.
Please find below our latest quarterly Responsible Investing report and Global Sustainable Equity Strategy factsheet. For full transparency, all historical reports and factsheets are also available.
Responsible Investing Reports
Global Sustainable Equity Strategy Factsheets