Nomura Funds Ireland – China Fund
The investment objective of our China Fund is to achieve long-term capital growth through investment in an actively managed portfolio of Chinese securities, including Hong Kong listed Chinese stocks, A-shares as well as ADRs (American Depository Receipts).
- Benchmark: MSCI China.
- Holdings: 50-100 stocks.
- Outperformance target: 2%-7% p.a..
- Tracking Error Range: usually within 7%.
We believe that markets are not fully efficient and active management, based on fundamental research can add value. The greatest inefficiencies are at the security level and we spend most time and resources here. Stock selection is the main source of added value.
- Focus on stock selection coupled with a top-down overlay.
- Stock selection with emphasis on fundamental analysis based on our strong research infrastructure, extensive company visits and our in-depth understanding of Chinese equity markets.
- Fund manager based in Hong Kong and Shanghai with deep local exposure.
- 20 years’ experience in managing China equity products. Strong commitment in this region with opening NAM Shanghai office.
- Local ideas with global perspective. The core investment team in Hong Kong is further supported by our globally networked research teams based in Shanghai, Singapore and Germany. We hold Multi-dimension discussion by weekly China portfolio meeting.
- We follow a wide and unconstrained investment universe and invest in Hong Kong listed Chinese stocks, ADRs (American Depository Receipts) as well as A-shares. This offers great opportunity and flexibility to select stocks.
Potential significant risks
Emerging markets or less developed countries may face more political, economic or structural challenges than developed countries. This means your money is at greater risk.
To achieve long-term capital growth through investment in an actively managed portfolio of Chinese securities, including Hong Kong. A bottom-up strategy with a wide and unconstrained investment universe, investing in Hong Kong listed Chinese stocks, A-Shares as well as ADRs.
USD 8.3 million (as at 31.05.2022)
Nomura Asset Management U.K. Ltd.
Bowen Sze, Portfolio Manager, Nomura Asset Management Hong Kong Ltd.
Morningstar Universe: China Equity
IA Sector: China/Greater China
Ireland (Nomura Funds Ireland Plc)
I USD: IE00BSJCGR13
For additional share class information, please contact us.
|Class I USD|
For a full list of available share class documents including KIIDs, please visit our fund documents page.
The lead share class fund literature is shown first in the above list. If any literature is not available in the above list for the share class you are invested in/interested in, please contact NAMupdates@nomura-asset.eu