Nomura Funds Ireland – India Equity Fund
Our India Equity Fund is a concentrated strategy investing in Indian equities, aiming to deliver a high excess return. The strategy offers an attractive opportunity for investors to benefit from the high growth potential from Indian companies, driven by the dynamic domestic economy, Modi-reform and young population.
- Benchmark: MSCI India.
- Holdings: 25-30 stocks.
- Outperformance target: 3%-5% p.a.
- Tracking Error Range: usually 6%-10% (rolling 3 year basis).
- Expected portfolio turnover: 40%-60% p.a.
- More than 10 years track record – strategy incepted in March 2005.
We believe the most effective way to add value consistently in India is through original fundamental research and analysis; market inefficiencies at the individual stock-level are much greater than at the macro-level. Thus, we spend most time and resource here and stock selection is our primary source of added value.
- Bottom-up approach is based on fundamental research, supported by a large number of visits to Indian companies, including their suppliers and clients by our highly experienced portfolio management team.
- Stock selection is supported by a country specific India stock model with a sector overlay.
- Leverage on the established investment management platform of the core team. Lead manager Vipul Mehta and Co-manager Vipin Kapoor are dedicated to managing India equities portfolios since their inception. Both managers are natives; understand the culture, key issues and opportunities. They travel frequently to India and meet with the management teams of companies, suppliers, employees, etc., but are based at NAM Singapore away from the ‘noise’ of the Indian marketplace.
- We follow a wide and unconstrained investment universe (typically non-market cap biased) which offers us the greatest opportunity and flexibility to select stocks which look attractive on our initial screening. However, we maintain a concentrated investment with 25-30 high conviction stocks to achieve high excess return.
Awards and Ratings
Morningstar Overall Ratings as at 30-09-2021. Copyright © 2021 Morningstar UK Limited. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Morningstar rating based on the lead share class: India Equity I USD.
Potential significant risks
Emerging markets or less developed countries may face more political, economic or structural challenges than developed countries. This means your money is at greater risk.
Aiming to achieve long-term capital growth through investment in an actively managed portfolio of Indian securities. A focused approach investing in 25-35 high conviction stocks. Stock selection is based on fundamental research, supported by a large number of visits to Indian companies by our highly experienced portfolio management team.
USD 241.1 million (as at 30.09.2021)
Nomura Asset Management U.K. Ltd.
|Lead Portfolio Manager||
Vipul Mehta, Head of Investment Asia Pacific ex Japan, Nomura Asset Management Singapore Ltd.
Morningstar Universe: India Equity
IA Sector: Specialist
Ireland (Nomura Funds Ireland Plc)
I USD: IE00B3SHFF36
A USD: IE00B1L8MC56
A EUR: IE00B3SHDY84
For additional share class information, please contact us.
|Fund||Monthly Factsheet||Fund Snapshot|
|Class I USD|
|Class I GBP|
|Class A USD|
For a full list of available share class documents including KIIDs, please visit our fund documents page.
The lead share class fund literature is shown first in the above list. If any literature is not available in the above list for the share class you are invested in/interested in, please contact NAMupdates@nomura-asset.eu